TUTTLE, OKLAHOMA (KLTV) - A Kilgore man will receive 52 free cartons of ice cream after winning a national competition.
Andy Taylor, of Kilgore, was named the grand prize winner of Braum's Perfect Pair: The World's Greatest Double-Dip Contest.
Taylor was awarded the contest's grand prize for the '80s throwback entry of "Wake Me Up before You Fro-Yo." The news was announced Aug. 30 on the Braum's website.
The company describes the entry as a "musically-inspired flavor combination" that pairs Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Light English Toffee.
Taylor's entry beat out more than 4,000 other concoctions. Winners were chosen based on originality, title creativity and the pairing of ice cream flavors, the company says. Taylor's entry featured in the Tyler Braum's store.
See a list of winners below.
- Grand Prize: Andy Taylor, of Kilgore, Texas
- “Wake Me Up before You Fro-Yo” — Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and Light English Toffee
- Second Place: Brian Payne, of Yukon, Oklahoma
- “Let Them Eat Cake” — French Vanilla Ice Cream and Premium Birthday Cake
- Third Place: Esteban Ramirez, of Wichita, Kansas
- “Oompa Loompa” — Lime Sherbet and Orange Sherbet
- Fourth Place: Miranda Terry, of Goddard, Kansas
- “Mad Batter” — Premium Brownie Batter and Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough