(KLTV/KTRE) - This recipe is so decadent, so sweet, and so pretty, you'll be proud to share it with someone you love!
Red velvet-chocolate chip cookie bars
Chocolate chip cookie dough (make your own from scratch or use one roll of pre-prepared dough)
1 box of red velvet cake mix
1 1/3 sticks of salted butter, melted and cooled some
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8" square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Press cookie dough into bottom of pan, to cover. Make it as even as possible.
3. Bake cookie dough 15 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool
4. In medium bowl, whisk together cake mix, melted butter, vanilla extract and eggs until combined.
5. Spread the cake batter over the cookie dough crust. Smooth with offset spatula. Bake for 25-30 more minutes.
Bars are ready when toothpick inserted into center come out clean. Allow to cool before cutting, and sprinkle with powdered sugar for presentation.