Firefighters called to second fire within week at Kilgore company
KILGORE, TX (KLTV) - Fire officials are investigating after a second fire within a week at a Kilgore business, according to the company's president.
Pak-Sher President Troy Fischer confirmed a fire occurred early Friday morning at the manufacturing company, on North Longview Street in Kilgore. No one was injured in the blaze, which was contained to an office space.
The company is a 24-hour operation and production has not been disrupted as a result of the fire, Fischer said. He added that the fire was suspicious and said the fire department would be investigating.
On Sunday, firefighters were called to Pak-Sher after a fire was reported in a sample room. Fischer said that fire was the result of an electrical issue that caught some insulation on fire, and when the heat from the fire hit a specific degree requirement, sprinklers inside the building went off.
That fire was contained to the sample room.
Pak-Sher is a manufacturer of plastic take-out bags, food storage bags, deli-bags and food-handling products.
KLTV has reached out to the fire marshal's office for information.
Copyright 2015 KLTV. All rights reserved.