Trial date set for Smith Co. woman indicted for killing babysitter
Published: Aug. 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM CDT
TYLER, TX (KLTV) - A trial date has been set for a Smith County woman indicted in the asphyxiation death of her son's babysitter.
According to Smith County judicial records, 44-year-old Kimberly Cargill's trial date has been set for February 13, 2012.
Smith County deputies say Cargill killed Cherry Walker to stop her from testifying in a custody hearing.
Walker's burned body was discovered on a Smith County road, just south of Tyler, off of Paluxy Road in June of 2010.
Cargill faces the death penalty if convicted.
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty in death of Cherry Walker
- Woman indicted in death of babysitter
- Mother charged with killing babysitter
- Murder victim was set to testify
- Parents worst fears confirmed with the loss of their daughter
Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.