• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 cup dried fruit: chopped dried apples, dried cranberries, etc. Mixtures are great!
• ½ cup white chocolate chips
• ½ cup caramel bits (optional)
• In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
• In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla gradually until mixture is well-combined.
• Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
• Stir in oats, then fruit, white chocolate chips, and caramel bits.
• Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls (or use a medium cookie scoop) 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3-4 dozen, depending upon size.