Astros vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 30
The Arizona Diamondbacks (84-76) host the Houston Astros (88-72) at 8:10 PM ET on Saturday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send Justin Verlander (12-8) to the mound, while Merrill Kelly (12-7) will answer the bell for the Diamondbacks.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: ARID
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Verlander - HOU (12-8, 3.32 ERA) vs Kelly - ARI (12-7, 3.48 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Diamondbacks Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Diamondbacks|
|Astros vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Astros vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Verlander
- The Astros' Verlander (12-8) will make his 27th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in eight innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Seattle Mariners.
- The 40-year-old has pitched to a 3.32 ERA this season with 8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.4 walks per nine across 26 games.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his third consecutive quality start.
- Verlander has 19 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 26 chances this season.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Merrill Kelly
- Kelly makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 30th of the season. He is 12-7 with a 3.48 ERA and 182 strikeouts through 170 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Monday against the New York Yankees, when he went five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 34-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.48, with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opponents have a .222 batting average against him.
- Kelly has 17 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Kelly will look to continue a 29-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.9 innings per appearance).
- He has had three appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 34-year-old's 3.48 ERA ranks 15th, 1.201 WHIP ranks 25th, and 9.6 K/9 ranks 16th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.