Rangers vs. Red Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
The Texas Rangers (82-68) will look to snap a four-game losing streak when hosting the Boston Red Sox (75-76) at 8:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Rangers will send Nathan Eovaldi (11-4) to the mound, while Tanner Houck (5-9) will take the ball for the Red Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Red Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 8:05 PM ET
- TV: BSSW
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Venue: Globe Life Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eovaldi - TEX (11-4, 2.96 ERA) vs Houck - BOS (5-9, 4.94 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Red Sox|
|Rangers vs Red Sox Odds|
|Rangers vs Red Sox Prediction|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nathan Eovaldi
- The Rangers will send Eovaldi (11-4) to the mound for his 23rd start this season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 3 1/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on three hits in a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with a 2.96 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .217.
- He has 11 quality starts in 22 chances this season.
- In 22 starts, Eovaldi has pitched through or past the fifth inning 19 times. He has a season average of 5.9 frames per outing.
- He has made 22 appearances and finished eight of them without allowing an earned run.
Nathan Eovaldi vs. Red Sox
- The Red Sox are batting .261 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .432 (seventh in the league) with 176 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Red Sox one time this season, allowing them to go 5-for-20 with two doubles and four RBI in 5 1/3 innings.
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tanner Houck
- Houck (5-9 with a 4.94 ERA and 87 strikeouts in 93 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Red Sox, his 19th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Thursday, the righty tossed six scoreless innings against the New York Yankees while surrendering four hits.
- In 18 games this season, the 27-year-old has a 4.94 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .252 to his opponents.
- Houck has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Houck is aiming for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 frames per start.
- He has had one outing this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.