Astros vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 8
The Toronto Blue Jays (35-28) will look to Bo Bichette, riding a two-game homer streak, against the Houston Astros (36-26) at 7:07 PM ET on Thursday, at Rogers Centre.
The Astros will give the nod to Framber Valdez (6-4) versus the Blue Jays and Jose Berrios (5-4).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Time: 7:07 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Venue: Rogers Centre
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez - HOU (6-4, 2.16 ERA) vs Berrios - TOR (5-4, 3.66 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Blue Jays Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Blue Jays|
|Astros vs Blue Jays Odds|
|Astros vs Blue Jays Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Framber Valdez
- Valdez (6-4) will take the mound for the Astros, his 13th start of the season.
- The left-hander did not allow a run in seven innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.16, a 5.25 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.025 in 12 games this season.
- He's going for his fourth straight quality start.
- Valdez will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- In 12 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: José Berríos
- Berrios gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 13th of the season. He is 5-4 with a 3.66 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 71 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Saturday against the New York Mets, when the right-hander threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.66, with 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 12 games this season. Opponents are hitting .249 against him.
- Berrios has six quality starts under his belt this season.
- Berrios will try to pitch five or more innings for his 11th straight appearance. He's averaging 5.9 frames per outing.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
- The 29-year-old ranks 32nd in ERA (3.66), 42nd in WHIP (1.248), and 36th in K/9 (8.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
José Berríos vs. Astros
- He meets an Astros offense that ranks 13th in the league with 281 total runs scored while batting .247 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .399 slugging percentage (17th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 69 home runs (15th in the league).
- Head-to-head against the Astros this season, Berrios has pitched seven innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits while striking out three.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.