Astros vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 4
The Houston Astros (35-23) are looking for Alex Bregman to extend a 10-game hitting streak versus the Los Angeles Angels (30-30) on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send J.P. France (1-1) to the mound, while Griffin Canning (4-2) will answer the bell for the Angels.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, June 4, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: France - HOU (1-1, 4.00 ERA) vs Canning - LAA (4-2, 4.89 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Angels Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Angels Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Angels|
|Astros vs Angels Odds|
|Astros vs Angels Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: J.P. France
- France (1-1) will take the mound for the Astros, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Monday, when he threw six innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up four earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 28-year-old has pitched to a 4.00 ERA this season with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across five games.
- He has earned a quality start one time in five starts this season.
- France will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Griffin Canning
- The Angels are sending Canning (4-2) to make his ninth start of the season. He is 4-2 with a 4.89 ERA and 39 strikeouts through 42 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Chicago White Sox, when the right-hander went six innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- During eight games this season, the 27-year-old has a 4.89 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .253 to his opponents.
- Canning is looking to build on a second-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Canning is trying for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per start.
Griffin Canning vs. Astros
- The opposing Astros offense has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.398) and ranks 18th in home runs hit (62) in all of MLB. They have a collective .248 batting average, and are 19th in the league with 479 total hits and 14th in MLB action scoring 266 runs.
- Canning has thrown 3 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs on five hits while striking out three against the Astros this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.