Astros vs. Twins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 31
The Houston Astros (32-22) are looking for continued production from a slugger on a hot streak versus the Minnesota Twins (28-27) on Wednesday at 8:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park. Chas McCormick is riding a two-game homer streak.
The Astros will look to Hunter Brown (5-1) against the Twins and Louie Varland (2-1).
Astros vs. Twins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (5-1, 3.28 ERA) vs Varland - MIN (2-1, 4.24 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Twins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Twins Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Twins|
|Astros vs Twins Odds|
|Astros vs Twins Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Brown
- The Astros will hand the ball to Brown (5-1) for his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in seven innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Saturday.
- The 24-year-old has pitched to a 3.28 ERA this season with 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across 10 games.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Brown will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
Hunter Brown vs. Twins
- The Twins rank 16th in MLB with 248 runs scored this season. They have a .231 batting average this campaign with 74 home runs (eighth in the league).
- The Twins have gone 2-for-21 with a double in one game against the right-hander this season.
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Louie Varland
- Varland (2-1 with a 4.24 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 34 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Twins, his seventh of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, the righty went six innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over six games this season, the 25-year-old has a 4.24 ERA and 9 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .259 to his opponents.
- Varland is looking to pick up his fifth quality start of the year.
- Varland will look to go five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.7 frames per outing.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.