Winnsboro moves up in Red Zone Top 10
Published: Oct. 24, 2023 at 1:12 PM CDT|Updated: Oct. 24, 2023 at 10:54 PM CDT
(KLTV/KTRE)- Here are the standings for The Red Zone Top 10, heading into week 10 of the East Texas high school football season:
- Carthage 9-0 (5-0) - The Carthage Bulldogs won their 25th straight game last week after beating Center 72-27. The Bulldogs will look to complete an undefeated regualar season on Friday Night when they host the Van Vandals (7-1, 4-0).
- Timpson 8-0 (4-0) - The Timpson Bears recorded their second shutout of the season last week by beating Joaquin 69-0. The Bears will try to remain undefeated on the season as they travel to Shelbyville (5-2, 3-1) this week to take on the Dragons.
- Longview 7-1 (5-0) - The Longview Lobos battled the McKinney North Bulldogs last week in a battle of district unbeatens. The Lobos would prevail, winning 36-13. The Lobos return home this week as they host the Tyler Lions (6-2, 3-2).
- Kilgore 8-1 (5-0) - The Kilgore Bulldogs won their eighth straight game last week by defeating Athens 28-21. The Bulldogs are off this week before traveling to Chapel Hill to wrap up the regular season on Nov. 2.
- Winnsboro 8-0 (5-0) - The Winnsboro Red Raiders shut out Mineola last week 42-0 for their eighth victory of the season. The Red Raiders look to wrap up an undefeated regular season this week at home as they take on the Bonham Purple Warriors (1-7, 0-4).
- Malakoff 8-0 (4-0) - The Malakoff Tigers continue to impress. The Tigers have outscored their opponents in district play 238-7, including beating Eustace last week 76-7. The Tigers will travel to Mexia this week to take on the Blackcats (3-6, 3-2).
- Garrison 8-0 (4-0) - The Garrison Bulldogs took it to the Sandies of Grapeland last week by winning 58-0. The Bulldogs have their final home game of the season this week as they host the San Augustine Wolves (3-5, 1-3).
- Chapel Hill 7-1 (3-1) - The Chapel Hill Bulldogs got back into the win column this past week by defeating Henderson 63-24. The Bulldogs will head to Athens this week to take on the Hornets (5-3, 2-2).
- Beckville 7-1 (4-0) - The Beckville Bearcats recorded their lowest point total of district play last week after they beat Frankston 68-28. The Bearcats have a big game this week as they travel to Harleton to take on the Wildcats (7-1, 4-0).
- Van 7-1 (4-0) - The Van Vandals had last week off but have won six games in a row. This week, the Vandals head to Carthage to take on the Bulldogs for the District 8-4A D2 crown.
Copyright 2023 KLTV. All rights reserved.