Cooling centers open to East Texans in wake of power outages
EAST TEXAS (KLTV) - Many residents are without power after severe weather this week. Several communities are opening cooling centers as temperatures are expected to climb.
This list will be updated as new centers are announced. Distributions of water or ice (not shelters) are listed separately below.
Winona Volunteer Fire Department, 1111 Dallas St
- June 20
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
First Baptist Church; Youth Building, 319 S Kaufman St
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Franklin County Airport
- Currently opened 24 hours.
Office of Tourism Development at Jefferson, 305 E. Austin St
- June 20
- 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Mobberly Baptist Church; Elevation Building, 625 E Loop 281
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cooking stations available.
Gilmer Civic Center, 1218 US Hwy 271 N
- Opens at 10 a.m.
Gladewater Lee-Bardwell Public Library, 312 W. Pacific Ave.
- June 17-19, or until power is restored to the area
- From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- You can charge your phone
- Children’s movies will be played in the main meeting room; feel free to bring blankets, pillows and snacks
Mt. Pleasant Civic Center, 1800 N. Jefferson Ave.
- June 16-20, to be extended as needed
- 12 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Pittsburg, Bleu Hen Crossing Event Center, 234 Rusk St.
- June 18-21
- From 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free lunch; dishes and volunteers needed
Quitman Carroll Green Civic Center, 602 McAllister St.
- June 16, to be extended as needed
- From 3 p.m. on
- Water, light food and sleeping accomodations are available
- Call the Winnsboro police for transportation help at (903) 342-3620
Mt. Pleasant Fire Department Central Station, 728 E. Ferguson Rd.
- Daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 2 free bags of ice per household per day
Copyright 2023 KLTV. All rights reserved.