Six Red Zone teams play for chance at state berth in UIL semifinals
EAST TEXAS (KLTV/KTRE) - There are just six teams left in the UIL football playoffs. Each team is just a win away from a trip to the state championships at AT&T stadium in Arlington.
Thursday, Dec. 8
Brock 21 vs. Malakoff 10 @ Frisco’s Ford Center - final
- Winner plays winner of Franklin vs. Edna in state championship
A Malakoff win would clinch the Tigers their second trip to state. Their first trip was in 2018.
Timpson 21 vs. Refugio 24 @ Cypress’ Cy-Fair FCU Stadium - final
- Winner plays winner of Hawley vs. Crawford winner in state championship
Timpson is in their third-straight state semifinal. This time they take on Refugio. Refugio had a rich history with 10 state title appearances. Timpson is looking for their first.
Friday, Dec. 9
Chapel Hill 0 vs. Boerne 35 @ San Antonio’s Alamodome - final
- Winner plays winner of Decatur vs. China Spring semifinal in state championship
Chapel Hill was just seconds from going to state last year and looks to avenge that loss with a win to earn their school’s fourth trip to the title game.
Carthage 42 vs. Glen Rose 35 @ Frisco’s Ford Center - final
- Winner plays winner of Cuero vs. Wimberley in state championship
After a down year by Carthage standards, the Bulldogs are back in the semifinals and looking to play for title number 9.
Harmony 28 vs. Poth 51 @ Cypress’ Cy-Fair FCU Stadium - final
- Winner plays Canadian vs. Gunter winner in state championship
Harmony is in the state semifinal for the first time ever. Harmony is taking on a Poth team that hasn’t played for state since 1968. Whoever wins will take on a powerhouse in either Canadian or Gunter.
Saturday, Dec. 10
Longview 14 vs. Aledo 17 @ Dallas’ Kincaide Stadium - final
- Winner plays winner of College Station vs. CC Veterans Memorial semifinal in state championship
Longview is back in the state semifinals for the first time since winning a 6A title in 2018.
Copyright 2022 KLTV. All rights reserved.