Residents, pets escape Longview house fire
LONGVIEW, Texas (KLTV) - Two people and their pet escaped a house fire in Longview Tuesday.
It happened in the 1700 block of Timpson Street in Longview shortly before 4 p.m.
According to the Longview Fire Department, two residents were home when they heard a loud popping sound on their patio and found the front of the house was on fire. One resident grabbed a garden hose and kept the fire in check until LFD arrived. They got the fire under control quickly, but it had spread to the attic. LFD cut a hole in the roof for venting and put the fire out in a few minutes.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire.
Copyright 2022 KLTV. All rights reserved.