Furniture, TV tipping accidents brought to light by death of child

Watch KLTV 7 News at 10.
Published: Jun. 23, 2021 at 3:24 PM CDT|Updated: Jun. 23, 2021 at 6:36 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHREVEPORT, Louisiana (KLTV) - The deadly dangers of unsecured furniture and TV tipping accidents are being brought into the light by various organizations.

On July 12, 2013, Shreveport residents Taylor and Brittney Griffin lost their four-year-old son, Jackson, to a tragic accident. Jackson was playing in his room, when he climbed on his dresser, which held a 27-inch tube television. Jackson’s weight caused the furniture to fall forward. The TV then fell on Jackson, causing a traumatic brain injury that led to his death.

The Griffin family now works to spread awareness of furniture and television tip-over accidents and help Jackson’s legacy live on through their non-profit, Jackson’s Wish.

Now, UT Health East Texas EMS and Metro Aviation are partnering with Jackson’s Wish in their goal to inform the public of these dangers. You can watch their video of the Griffins’ story here:

Jackson’s Wish: Raising awareness of furniture and TV tipping accidents

To learn more about anchoring furniture, visit, part of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Copyright 2021 KLTV. All rights reserved.