Sparking power lines ignite grass fire in Gladewater

Sparking power lines ignite grass fire in Gladewater
Sparking powerlines apparently ignited a grass fire in Gladewater late Tuesday morning. (Source: KLTV)
Sparking powerlines apparently ignited a grass fire in Gladewater late Tuesday morning.
Sparking powerlines apparently ignited a grass fire in Gladewater late Tuesday morning. (Source: KLTV)

GLADEWATER, Texas (KLTV) - A power line pole likely ignited a grass fire late Tuesday morning in Gladewater.

According to information from the Clarksville/Warren City Volunteer Fire Department, powerlines in the 900 block of Texas Street likely sparked and started a fire in the grass below. However, Southwestern Electric Power Company was able to cut power to the lines, after which the fire was able to be extinguished.

Power has since been restored.

Copyright 2021 KLTV. All rights reserved.