CADDO PARISH, LA (KSLA) — Charges will be dropped against the popular rapper who goes by the name Mystikal.
A Caddo Parish grand jury Thursday, Dec. 17, returned a No True Bill against 50-year-old Michael Lawrence Tyler, a New Orleans resident who was arrested on a charge of first-degree rape, the Caddo district attorney’s office reports.
After his arrest in 2017, a Caddo grand jury indicted Tyler on one count each of first-degree rape and second-degree kidnapping. Then this second grand jury reconsidered the case.
“However, additional evidence and information were discovered and the case was resubmitted to this second grand jury in the interest of justice,” the district attorney’s office explained Thursday. “Based on the grand jury’s decision, the Caddo Parish district attorney’s office will dismiss the charges pending against Mr. Tyler.”
- Rapper ‘Mystikal’ released on bond in rape case after paperwork delay
- RAW: Rapper Mystikal leaves Caddo Correctional Center after 18 months
- Rapper Mystikal expected to be released from jail this morning
- Rape case against rapper Mystikal back in court
- Mystikal gets new attorney, judge
- Judge denies rapper Mystikal’s bid to have his $3 million bond reduced
- New evidence in rape case against Mystikal delays bond hearing
- Grand jury indicts rapper Mystikal, 2 others in Caddo rape, kidnapping case
He spent more than a year in jail on charges related to an alleged sexual assault at a casino in downtown Shreveport.