Advertisement

Officials: Gas explosion caused house fire in Amarillo

Fire
Fire(MGN)
Updated: Dec. 9, 2020 at 1:42 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - The Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office says a gas explosion caused a house fire in Amarillo this morning.

Around 11:13 a.m., crews were called to a second alarm fire at a home near South Tyler Street and Southwest 26th Avenue.

Crews arrived to find a duplex with fire and smoke showing, and the fire was considered under control by 11:35 a.m.

The Amarillo Fire Department says no residents or responders were injured. A cat was killed in the fire.

The Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the fire as accidental.

The Red Cross has responded to assist the residents.

Good Job B-Shift: Today, Dec. 9, 2020, at 11:13am, Amarillo Fire Department was dispatched to a second alarm fire in...

Posted by Amarillo Fire Department on Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Copyright 2020 KFDA. All rights reserved.