City of Tyler holding free bulky item collection
TYLER, Texas (KLTV) - From the City of Tyler:
The City of Tyler Solid Waste Department and Keep Tyler Beautiful are sponsoring a FREE bulky item collection for City of Tyler residential customers (excluding multi-family home communities and businesses). Those participating should have bulky items on the curb by 7 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5, and no sooner than 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2.
After crews have collected on your street, do not place more bulky items on the curb. These items will be charged a special pickup fee.
Bulky items to be picked up at NO CHARGE include furniture, appliances, carpet, fence material, old toys and other large items that would normally require a special fee. No liquid waste, tires, limbs, brush, or tree stumps will be picked up. Paint must be dried out with oil dry or kitty litter.
There is no need to call the Solid Waste Office when bulky items are placed at the curb. However, please note that items may be collected on a different day from regularly scheduled garbage collection.
If your bulky items have not been collected by Monday, Oct. 12, please call the Solid Waste Office at (903) 531-1388 to place a work order.
For those City of Tyler residential customers who cannot participate during this campaign, some bulky items are accepted for a fee during regular business hours at the City of Tyler Recycling Center or they may call the Solid Waste Office to schedule a special pickup.
The Recycle Center, located on 418 N. Bois D’Arc Ave., is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
The following items are accepted at the Recycling Center:
- Paper (newspapers, magazines, phonebooks, ads and office paper)
- Cardboard of any type (broken down)
- Plastic (rinsed and crushed #1 and #2 HDPE, lids removed; water or soda bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles)
- Glass (rinsed clear, green, brown and blue glass bottles and jars with lids removed) - NO MIRRORS
- Ink Cartridges
- Electronics (computers, TVs, monitors, cell phones, chargers and other portable devices)
- Metal (copper, aluminum, brass and steel)
- Aluminum cans (rinsed and crushed, no aluminum pie plates or tin)
- Household appliances, including air conditioners and refrigerators, DO NOT require a disposal fee the week of Oct. 5 if you provide a current water bill.
- Motor oil/hydraulic fluid (small quantities)
- Automotive batteries/anti-freeze (small quantities)
Copyright 2020 KLTV. All rights reserved.