(KLTV/KTRE) - Some activities are still planned for East Texans to celebrate Independence Day. Most events will have COVID-19 precautions in place; if you’re not sure, reach out to your particular city’s offices to ask about safety measures.
The City of Tyler will host the annual Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration at Lindsey Park, located at 12557 Spur 364 W, on Saturday, July 4. The fireworks show will begin after dark (around 9:15 p.m.).
The main park gate, located off Spur 364, will officially open at 2 p.m. and admission is free. This will be the only entrance open for this event. Parking will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, the City will not provide entertainment or concessions. It is recommended families bring their own refreshments. Please follow best practices like social distancing, hand washing, and wearing a mask.
To prepare for this event, Lindsey Park will be closed to the public on July 4 until 2 p.m. Alcohol and private fireworks are prohibited in the park.
For more information, contact Tyler Parks and Recreation at (903) 531-1370 or visit www.TylerParksandRec.com.
The City of Longview’s annual Fireworks and Freedom Celebration will take place at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 4. The event will continue as a drive-in only fireworks show. Additional social distancing and hygiene precautions will be taken to help ensure community health and safety. Gates open at 7 p.m., and food trucks and portable restrooms will be available. The festival portion of the event, including the Live Main Stage, vendors, and carnival rides is canceled for 2020.
The City of Overton will hold the annual “Fireworks in the Park” event again this year on Saturday, July 4, 2020. Vendor booths and Children’s Activities in the Park will be open from 5:00 p.m. to dark. The Fireworks Show begin at dark (9 pm’ish). The City wishes to invite the public to the event for good wholesome family fun, food, and children’s activities in the Overton Municipal Park located at the end of Lakeshore Drive.
- The City of Overton has been known to have one of the longest-lasting fireworks shows in East Texas each year running in excess of 45 minutes and this year should be no different!
- There will be a bounce house, obstacle course inflatable and a 14′ tall giant water slide for the children to enjoy in the park. *Bring swim attire for the kids!
- Food trucks and food vendors will be available to satisfy your taste buds, come hungry. Food Trucks & Food Vendor’s already booked are Kona Ice, Hit the Spot BBQ, Lupita’s, It’s the Bee’s Knees Bubble Tea & Pizza, Eat a Bite.
- The event will have several craft and other vendors to browse and shop as well. Booth’s will be located in the grassy area by the lake at the corner of Lakeshore Drive where the road ends into the Park.
- The Overton Lake Dam road will be open for Fireworks Spectating with lawn chairs and blankets. The City is excited to announce that the North Lake Dam / Spillway project on the lower portion of the Overton Lake is complete. We ask that you do not drive any motorized vehicles on the dam road.
- The City of Overton would like to thank the many sponsors who have generously donated to help make this event possible again this year.
The City of Overton’s Fireworks in the Park Committee plans to implement the following COVID-19 safety measures:
- The City will place signs throughout the park reminding attendees to practice social distancing and recommending the use of masks and gloves and the proper disposal thereof. City Staff will remind attendees to limit gatherings at the event to no more than 10 people in a group and will have signs up that will be a reminder as well.
- Restroom facilities (including the portable toilets) will be cleaned and sanitized each hour.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the park as well as on the shuttles. Shuttles will be disinfected after each shuttle trip.
- All children utilizing the open-air inflatables (the 14′ water slide and the obstacle course) will have temperature checks before playing. There will not be an enclosed bounce house at the event.
- The occupancy limit on inflatables will be reduced to 50 percent.
- The inflatables will be disinfected with sanitation spray periodically throughout the event.
- There will be a minimum of 10′ separation between each retail vendor and a 15′ separation between each food vendor and/or food truck. Six (6′) space lines will be marked in front of each food vendor to remind people standing in line to practice social distancing.
- Rusk County Environmental Health Specialist Tammy Honea will inspect all food vendors to assure foodservice and COVID-19 safety protocols are in place before the event begins. This includes temperature checks on anyone preparing or handling food.
- Temperature checks will be performed on all City of Overton staff working the event.
- Absolutely no self-service by attendees will be allowed, e.g. water bottles in ice chests, food, individual packets of condiments.
- Ice chests shall be on a constant drip to avoid water accumulation.
July 4th Fireworks Display will take place at dark at Lake Jacksonville and can been seen at the Concession area off Byrd Road and its FREE.
The City of Lufkin has canceled this year’s fireworks due to COVID19. Click here for information.
Drive-up fireworks can be viewed on July 4 at 9:30 p.m. at the SFA Intramural Field, located at Starr Avenue and Wilson Drive. The Nacogdoches Jaycees ask that if you get out of your car to watch, you maintain social distancing measures and wear a mask. The festival will not take place this year.
Zavalla VFD fireworks show will be held on July 4th at the Zavalla Rodeo Grounds on Highway 69 south, just south of the city. Gates will open at 7 p.m. and the show will start at dark. There is a $5.00 admission fee per vehicle and all proceeds will benefit the fire department.
Monday, the City of Henderson canceled the fireworks show, due to “the recent rise in numbers across the state and local region for COVID-19″.
July 4 Fireworks show and festival will begin at 5:30 with face painting, kids water play, music, and more. Fireworks begin at 9:30. CLICK HERE for full details.