TYLER, Texas (KLTV/KTRE) - Testing for COVID-19 is being offered at several locations across East Texas in the next few days.
Appointments may be required for drive-through testing and may be reserved for those experiencing symptoms that include fever and/or chills, cough, fatigue, sore throat, headaches, body aches/muscle or joint pain, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and/or smell.
To schedule an appointment, call 512-883-2400 or go online to www.txcovidtest.org. Testing is conducted between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
It is vital that anyone who gets tested at any of these events provide a working cell phone number. Test results will only be provided by text message or cell phone call.
These COVID-19 tests are being administered by the Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM) is providing the staff to administer these free COVID-19 testing opportunities throughout Texas.
Questions about results email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information is provided at NETHealthCOVID19.org.
Saturday, Sept. 26th-Mt. Enterprise
provided by Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Mt. Enterprise ISD - 301 NW 3rd Street, Mt. Enterprise
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Available for anyone - whether you have symptoms or not
- No appointment needed
- Must wear a face-covering upon entry
- Oral saliva testing (no antibody testing)
- Valid ID required & contact info, must provide a working cell phone number
Mondays through Saturdays-Tyler
The Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) are providing free walk-up COVID-19 testing opportunities for anyone with or without COVID-19 symptoms.
- Tyler Senior Center, located at 1915 Garden Valley Rd., Tyler
- Aug. 26 through the end of September.
- Mondays through Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free to the public and do not require advanced registration.
- A face mask is required to enter the building.
- Persons being tested must have access to a cell phone as results will be returned by text message through TDEM.
Tuesdays and Thursdays- Kilgore
The City of Kilgore and CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System are partnering to offer COVID-19 screening at the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Emergency Center - Kilgore.
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Emergency Center - Kilgore, 1612 S. Henderson Blvd.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Free of charge to Kilgore city residents, with the cost covered by CARES funds. For non-residents, the screening is available for $60 or it can be filed on your insurance.
- They ask that you consider testing if you are experiencing two symptoms from the following: fever, shortness of breath, cough, fatigue, loss of sense of smell or taste, chills, shaking with chills, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, nausea or diarrhea or if you have been exposed to a person with suspected or confirmed COVID symptoms.
Mondays & Wednesdays - Tyler
Brookshire Grocery Co. partners with eTrueNorth to offer free testing in Tyler
- BGC Culinary Center at 200 Rice Road, Tyler
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- By appointment only
- You must register at DoIneedaCOVID19test.com
Mondays and Wednesdays - Longview
free drive-thru testing provided by eTRueNorth
- Louis Morgan Drugs Pharmacy #1 - 1900 S. High Street in Longview
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Drive-thru testing
- Self-administered nasal swab testing (no antibody testing)
- by appointment only
- Click here to register
CVS Health is now offering drive-through, self-swab tests to individuals
- 725 East Main Street, HENDERSON, TX 75652
- 1754 West Loop 281, LONGVIEW, TX 75604
- 702 East Tyler Street, ATHENS, TX 75751
- 1919 South Loop 256, PALESTINE, TX 75801
- 801 West Panola Street, CARTHAGE, TX 75633
- 601 South Jefferson Avenue, MOUNT PLEASANT, TX 75455
- 1424 North Street, NACOGDOCHES, TX 75961
- Register in advance online to schedule an appointment.
- Test results in 6-10 days
- Click here for more information and appointments.