(KLTV/KTRE) - As universities and local school districts decide how to prepare for and prevent the spread of coronavirus in East Texas, their statements and subsequent updates will be added to this list with links for your convenience.
OTHER CLOSINGS AND CHANGES IN OPERATING HOURS/PLANS
- Broadway Square Mall in Tyler closed from 7 p.m. local time March 18 and will end on March 29.
- Caddo Mounds State Historic Site has suspended all public programs, group tours, field trips, and theater shows through April 30. The Caddo Mounds State Historic Site will remain open. The One Year With Shaho event scheduled for April 11 has been canceled.
- Caldwell Zoo in Tyler is closing temporarily, starting on Monday, March 15 - April 3.
- City of Jacksonville offices closed to public access except for the Jacksonville Police Department lobby. This closure applies to City Hall, the Municipal Court, the Customer Service Center, the utility payments Drive-thru window, and all other municipal services.
- Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin will be closed temporarily, starting on Monday, March 15-29.
- Gladewater court trial dates for March 17, 23, April 14, 28 have been canceled. Defendants on dockets will have court on May 12. City-wide cleanup scheduled for April 4 has been postponed. Rentals of city-owned baseball fields and pavilions suspended until further notice.
- Gregg County has canceled all jury trials and jury service through March 31.
- Gregg County has suspended all jail visitation until the termination of the State of Texas Disaster Declaration.
- Kurth Memorial Library and the Lufkin Parks and Recreation Department will also be closed, starting on Monday and continuing for the next 14 days. This will include all activities and programs through the Parks and Recreation Department that are held at other locations.
- LeTourneau University Belcher Center has canceled all public performances and events beginning today, March 17, through May 9. Check through the Facebook page and website.
- Longview Mall has temporarily modified its operating hours from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- Nacogdoches County District Clerk’s Office is suspending the acceptance of passport applications for the remainder of March and the month of April.
- Nacogdoches County: all jury selections for both District Courts and the County Court at Law have been canceled for the remainder of March and April.
- Tiger Creek Animal Sanctuary will close to the public on Sunday, Mar. 15 and remain closed until further notice.
- Trinity County Fair and Livestock Show posted that the auction that was scheduled for Saturday evening will still take place at 5:30 p.m. They will offer an online auction where buyers can “click to bid” as well as hold the regular auction.
- Tyler Transit will implement an alternate route schedule until April 1.
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
Transition to online classes
- Angelina College all classes have moved online.
- East Texas Cosmetology College students should have received contact about online classes. Contact the college if needed.
- Kilgore College classes will resume remotely (online, video-conferencing, or in an alternative format) beginning March 23.
- LeTourneau University cancels all in-person classes, all classes going online
- SFA offering all classes in an online or distance format for the remainder of the spring semester.
- TJC All face-to-face & hybrid courses will be temporarily converted to online with the hope of the return to campus on April 6. Online courses will continue as planned.
- Texas A&M cancels classes through March 20, classes to resume online March 23
- Texas A&M Commerce all classes, including face-to-face, blended, and fully online courses can be accessed from the Online Learning Management System.
- UT Tyler all classes to be held online through the remainder of the semester.
LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICTS
Closed through March 27
Big Sandy ISD in Smith County will remain closed until March 27.
Carthage ISD closed through March 27.
GETCAP Nacogdoches Head Start students will be back at school on Monday, March 30.
Gladewater ISD closing March 16 through March 27.
Kilgore ISD says Kilgore ISD buildings will be closed through March 27. An at-home education service will be announced in the very near future.
Nacogdoches ISD announces plans to extend spring break. They extended an earlier decision and canceled classes through Friday, March 27. Nacogdoches ISD will provide free meals during spring break extension. Monday, March 23, distribution of paper education resources for use by students without adequate Internet access at home at all NISD elementary campuses and middle schools; Nacogdoches High School will have a packet ready for pickup on Tuesday, March 24.
Spring Hill ISD will be closed from March 16-March 27.
New Diana ISD will be closed for students the week of March 23-27.
Pine Tree ISD students and staff, all classes and school events are suspended until March 30.
April 1 return
Hughes Springs ISD classes will resume at 7:55 am on April 1. Remote learning webpage on the website shortly.
Closed through April 3
Arp ISD will be closed to students through April 3.
Athens ISD closed through April 2. Food and instructional material distributed at Athens High School parking lot (708 E. College Street). Food for ages 18 and under, Tuesday, March 24 - Thursday, March 26, breakfast from 8-9 and lunch from 11-noon. Thursday, March 26, the noon meal will include food for the weekend. The same food-distribution schedule will be repeated from March 30 - April 2.
Avinger ISD will resume April 6.
Brook Hill’s campus is temporarily closed. Distance learning continues for students.
Bullard ISD classes and extracurricular activities will be suspended until April 6. Website for at-home learning available Wednesday, March 25, at 10:00 AM.
Centerville ISD closed through April 3. Student packet pickup Monday, March 23, 7 am - 6 pm at the elementary and high school campuses.
Central Heights ISD schools closed until April 3rd. Beginning March 23rd, CHISD will be offering instruction on-line as well as curbside packet pick-up in front of the offices of each campus.
Chapel Hill ISD will remain closed at least through April 3 and begin online learning. Curbside meal pickup March 23 through April 3, children 18 years of age or younger in the drop off parking areas from 11:30-12:30 Monday-Friday.
Christ Episcopal School in Nacogdoches. CES will remain closed through April 3rd.
Corrigan-Camden ISD closed through Friday, April 3.
Crockett ISD has suspended classes through Friday, April 3. No-cost meals will be distributed on school days from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm. at the rear parking lot of the junior high students must be present to receive the free meal.
Cumberland Academy will be closed until April 3. Distance learning will begin for its students on March 23.
Daingerfield-Lone Star ISD will be closed through April 3.
Douglass ISD will be closed through Friday, April 3.
East Texas Charter School in Longview closed until March 27th.
Grace Community School, Tyler virtual learning begins March 23.
Grand Saline ISD closed through April 3. Free drive-thru lunch for students 18 and under at the elementary campus 11:00 am - 12:00 pm. Curriculum Packets Available beginning Monday, March 23rd.
Grapeland ISD begins work with learning packets. Closed through April 3.
Harmony ISD closed through Friday, April 3. Lunch pick up Monday-Friday from 10:00-12:00. Order lunches on the web-site this is not required but helps with preparation. Pick up at the Jr. High Bus pick up circle.
Hawkins ISD closed through April 5.
Huntington ISD closing until April 3rd. Beginning Wednesday, March 25th we will begin meal service for HISD students 18 and younger for breakfast and lunch. Curbside pickup is available at the HS. Online Lessons or Learning Folders will begin Wednesday, March 25th. Folders must be picked in the car rider drive-thru Wednesdays from 8-3.
Jacksonville ISD closed through April 3. Lunches for students available at East Side Elementary on the Waco Street cafeteria drive. Students must be in the car to receive lunch. Instruction and activities on websites by Friday, March 20, and paper copies will be available for pick up at the East Side lunch pick up beginning Monday, March 23rd.
Kemp ISD in Henderson County school closed for students until Monday, April 6th.
King’s Academy Christian School is currently conducting classes remotely. On-campus classes will resume on April 6.
Latexo ISD closure extended through April 3. Teachers are currently working on getting their curriculum online with Google Classroom. Students need to sign in every day as this will account for attendance.
Leverett’s Chapel ISD will be closed at least through April 3. Pickup lunch each day from 12:00-12:45 behind the school cafeteria. Thursday, March 26th, will be another assignment pickup day for all our students.
Lindale ISD closed through Friday, April 3. Meals can be picked up at E.J. Moss East 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Linden-Kildare CISD closure through April 3.
Lovelady ISD will be postponing the reopening of our schools until Monday, April 6. Pick up instructional materials Monday mornings.
Martinsville ISD closed through Friday, April 3.
Mineola ISD will be closed until Monday, April 6. Check campus Facebook pages and this MISD main page for remote learning.
Mount Enterprise ISD closed through April 3. Digital learning online and students without online access pickup assignments Mondays from 7 am-7 pm. Drive-thru breakfast from 7-9 am, lunch from 11-1 pm.
New Summerfield ISD will remain closed through April 3.
Ore City ISD closed through April 3. Monday, March 23rd, the district will begin to deliver instruction remotely. Free meals for those 18 years or younger from 11:00 to 12:00 at Ore City MS/HS cafeteria, Catfish Village, Shady Shores Volunteer Fire Dept., Ore City Community Center, New Mountain Volunteer Fire Dept., and Ore City Elementary School.
Pineywoods Community Academy in Lufkin closed through April 3. Instructional resources for home use and remote learning.
Pittsburg ISD will remain closed until Monday, April 6. The website has online instruction and packet pickup information. Students, 18 years of age and under meal pickup from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. beginning March 17 at the High School cafeteria or the Elementary/Intermediate cafeteria.
San Augustine ISD continues with online learning and additional educational support through April 13. Breakfast and lunch at the High School Cafeteria Monday-Friday. Breakfast from 8-9 a.m. and lunch from 11-12 (noon).
Trinidad ISD will be closed through Friday, April 3. Students 18 and under can pick up breakfast 8-9 am and lunch 11 am -1:00 pm in the HS parking lot. Instructional packets to be picked up Monday, March 23 during meal pick up. All others will be mailed.
Trinity ISD closed through Friday, April 10. Meals and grade-level classwork available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30-12:30 at Lansberry Elementary bus drive-thru.
Troup ISD closed through Friday, April 3. Online lessons and packets for all grade levels. Meals will be available for pick-up from 11:00 - 12:30 at the Troup Elementary Cafeteria.
Tyler ISD classes canceled through April 3. If you have access to internet access distance learning online. Printed packets should only be available to those without online access or a device. Grade-Specific printed instructional packets will be available at the curbside food pickup locations (Boulter, Hubbard, Moore, Three Lakes, Caldwell, Griffin) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
West Rusk ISD closed through April 3. Meals available 11:30-12:30 for students 18 and under.
Whitehouse ISD is closed Online Learning through April 3, FREE curbside meal pickup on March 23rd-April 3rd to all children 18 years old or younger, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. daily at Stanton Smith Elementary.
Winona ISD will be closed until April 3. Paper packets distributed Monday, March 23 at the middle school until 1:00 pm and 3:00 - 5:00. A limited number of Chromebooks to check out for students working online. Curbside lunch pickup 11 am-12 noon at Winona Elementary and entrance of Eagle Creek Ranch.
Woden ISD closed through April 3.
April 7 return
Henderson ISD students will return to classes on Tuesday, April 7. Access the remote learning website.
April 10 return
Longview ISD: all campuses and offices will be closed through April 9.
April 13 return
Big Sandy ISD in Polk County will remain closed thru April 13.. All extracurricular activities for that period have been canceled.
Diocese of Tyler’s Catholic schools is moving to online-only through April 10. This includes Bishop Gorman High School and St. Gregory in Tyler, St. Mary’s in Longview, and St. Patrick in Lufkin.
April 20 return
Angelina County School districts (Central, Diboll, Hudson, Lufkin, and Zavalla) closed to April 17.
Central ISD closed through April 17. Digital and written resources packets are available for pickup Monday, March 23 during the meal pickup at the HS car rider line from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Meals will continue to be provided Monday-Friday from 11:00 am-1:00 pm.
Diboll ISD will remain closed through April 17. Drive-through lunch and next day breakfast service for any student 18 years or younger. Instructional packet distribution beginning March 20.
Hudson ISD will be closed the week until April 17. Instruction will be provided through alternative measures.
Lufkin ISD has extended its school closure until April 17.
Zavalla ISD has extended its school closure until April 17.
Check with the following schools’ websites or by phone for return dates.
All Saints Episcopal School e-Learning starts Monday, March 23.
Bridgemark Center for Learning closed due to Covid-19 and we are currently conducting distance instruction.