TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Our friend Chef Hannah Parker, owner of Pearl’s Kitchen in Mount Pleasant, brings us a snack bar that we’ll be making over and over, they’re so good! We think you’ll agree.
Lemony strawberry oat bars by Pearl’s Kitchen
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oats
3 cups hulled, quartered strawberries
3 tablespoons each sugar and cornstarch
Zest of one lemon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Whisk together flour, brown sugar and salt, reserving the oats until step 3. Stir in the melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
2. Press 1/2 of this mixture into the bottom of a buttered or parchment lined 8x8 pan to make an even layer of crust
3. Stir the oats into the remaining crumble mixture and set aside while you prepare the filling.
4. Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest. Add strawberries and stir until the berries are evenly coated with the cornstarch mixture.
5. Spread the strawberry mixture evenly on top of the pressed crust. Evenly distribute the crumble mixture on top of the berries.
6. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until crumble topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly.
7. Allow bars to cool completely before removing from pan. Once cooled, remove and cut into two-inch bars.
Store in an airtight container for up to five days.