TYLER, TX (KLTV) -The Women in Tyler committee has selected six honorees for their annual Women’s History Month luncheon.
The theme of the luncheon is ‘Women with a Passion’; celebrating Tyler’s community champions who focus their work on improving other’s quality of life.
The honorees are:
- Lela Eaves for her work with advancing special education through diagnostics and volunteering for Bethesda Health Clinic
- Darlene Lewis for ensuring children have nutritious meals in the summer.
- LaShonda Malrey-Horne co-founded the Rose City Trekkers and Girltrek encouraging black women to keep physically active.
- Wendi Rees lends support to pregnant women at the Magdalene home, which she founded.
- Dalila Reynoso is “advising, educating and advocating” for immigrants in the community with the East Texas branch of Justice for Our Neighbors.
- Molly Wyatt helps the under-employed gain skills for advancement with the Christian Women’s Job Corp.
Thursday’s luncheon will be held at the Tyler Rose Garden Center, 420 Rose Park Drive. Doors open at 11 a.m., and the program begins at noon.