Cause of Longview hair salon fire believed to be electrical

Fire marshal says fire is contained

Longview hair salon fire

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Longview fire crews responded to the scene of a structure fire at a hair salon.

According to the Longview Fire Department, at about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday, they responded to the scene of a fire at the B Hive Hair Salon, located at 901 Jefferson Street.

They reported crews found “heavy fire and smoke conditions” in the attic area of the salon. The crews worked to put out the flames as wells as remove equipment and supplies from the structure.

No one was in the salon at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported, according to Longview Fire.

The department believes that the fire began at an electrical outlet and traveled up the wall into the attic.

Copyright 2019 KLTV. All rights reserved.