Tyler police say the victim in a Sunday shooting at a shopping center has died.
Bradley Brockman, 45, died Wednesday night as a result of the gunshot wound, according to Tyler Police Department.
“Brockman has been listed in critical condition since Sunday, Dec. 16 when he was shot at the Westwood Shopping Center located at S SW Loop 323 and Chandler Highway,” TPD said in a statement.
The suspect, Kristian Perdomo, was arrested shortly after fleeing the scene.
His original charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon has been upgraded to homicide. Perdomo also is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
Tyler police said Tuesday that they and the Smith County Sheriff’s Office have received evidence linking the same gun used in the incident to five recent shootings in the city and county.
A department release gave an overview of all the shootings so far:
1. Friday, Dec. 7: Mario Guzman was found deceased with a gunshot wound by his front door at 1505 N. Summit.
2. Sunday, Dec. 9: Jhoel Sevilla was found deceased in front of his apartment with a gunshot wound in the 5800 block of County Road 382.
3. Monday, Dec. 10: Benny Jackson was found deceased with a gunshot wound on his front porch at 1421 W. Barrett.
4. Saturday, Dec. 15: Jerome Jones was found deceased with a gunshot wound by the side of the road at the 2700 block of Old Gladewater Highway.
5. Sunday, Dec. 16: Bradley Brockman was shot at the Westwood Shopping Center, located at S SW Loop 323 and Chandler Highway. Brockman was transported to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition.
Perdomo remains in the Smith County Jail on $1.25 million bond.