(RNN) – From birth control to queso, there's been one recall after another since Memorial Day.
Many of them are linked to the possible salmonella contamination of whey powder and protein from milk used in a wide variety of foods, including crackers, snacks, breads and sauces.
But, it's not just food. It's medicine and automobiles too.
The federal government has six agencies keeping track of things that might do us harm. You can get a complete list of them at Recalls.gov.
But if you don't need to know everything, these are the biggest recalls of the summer:
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 4.8 million vehicles for cruise control that won't shut off
- Taytulla birth control pills recalled, could result in 'unintended pregnancy'
- 9 tons of smoked sausage recalled by Eddy Packing Company for possible plastic contamination
- Kellogg's recalls Honey Smacks after salmonella warning
- Wish-Bone House Italian salad dressing recalled for possible milk or egg allergens
- FDA recalls heart medications over cancer concerns
- Flossing toothbrush recalled because it could catch on fire
- Ford recalls 550,000 vehicles over rollaway risk
- Great Value rolls among bread products recalled for possibly being tainted with salmonella
- Ritz Cracker products containing cheese recalled over salmonella fears
- Pepperidge Farm recalls 4 varieties of Goldfish crackers due to salmonella contamination
- Taco Bell cheese dip recalled, may be tainted with botulism
- Sub sandwiches recalled due to possible Listeria contamination
- Salads and wraps sold at Kroger and other grocery chains recalled for possible parasite
- 1 million Ram trucks recalled over tailgate locks
- Almond milk containing real milk recalled