“How to Create Legendary Ribs!!”
Start With The Right Product
At Texas Roadhouse we use only American grown product. USDA #1 inspected fresh domestic Pork Loin Back Ribs. Starting with the right product will give you a Legendary result.
Scoring the Ribs for Legendary Tenderness
· With a serrated knife, score the backside of each Rib by running the knife down the rib in a diagonal pattern cutting and separating the membrane on the backside of the bone.
· Score from end-to-end, the long way several times as well.
· Note: Be careful when scoring the ribs as to not cut too deeply causing the Ribs to break apart when cooking.
Seasoning, Panning And Cooking
· In a deep baking pan, add water and some type of Liquid Smoke.
· Mix well.
· Take Ribs, use a shaker and thoroughly coat each Rib with seasoning until thoroughly coated. It may be necessary to rub seasoning onto bare spots only.
· Place Ribs in the pan -- alternating -- bone side / meat side / bone side … -- with bone side against the pan.
· Cover full pan tightly with plastic wrap, making sure that pan is sealed.
· Cover again tightly with foil.
· The pan must be tightly sealed to maintain the moisture of the Ribs.
· Place pans in 250° F oven and bake slowly until done, approximately five hours.
· Ribs are fully cooked when the bone in the center pulls freely from the meat. At this point, remove from the oven.
· Drain pans of liquid.
· Allow Ribs to cool slightly before starting this process.
· Warm Bacon Grease to in oven.
· Fully submerge a single full Rib rack into warmed Bacon Grease.
· Lift the Ribs out of the Bacon Grease.
· Allow the excess Bacon Grease to drain.
· Place the rack of ribs onto a sheet of plastic.
· Fold the plastic wrap over the rack of ribs to seal.
· Place vertically into a full pan.
· Pick your favorite BBQ sauce for re-heating and basting the Ribs.
· Pre-heat grill.
· Brush and season the grill before use.
· Unwrap product, placing the Rack of Ribs vertically, with the underside down to the grates.
· Heat until sizzling hot.
· Turn Ribs over and baste the underside of the Ribs, and heat until sizzling hot.
· Turn the product over again for 1 minute, caramelizing the underside.
· Baste the top.
· Turn the product over again, caramelizing the top for 1 min.
· Turn product over one last time and baste with a final coat.
· Serve to your guests and accept their complements graciously!!!
Stay tuned for more great ideas and recipes In the Kitchen...