The gas leak happened at Brownsboro Junior High School on Ingram Street.
Around one Friday afternoon crews were on the scene searching for the gas leak.
Students, faculty and visitors from a basketball tournament going on in the gymnasium all had to be evacuated.
"They've located the gas leak and it was a gas line. Both ends of them were capped off. The gas company is here, they're double checking everything to make sure the leak was located," says Sergeant Lonnie McKinney with the Brownsboro Police Department.
No one was injured.