Woodhollow fire causes attic damage - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

TYLER (KLTV)

Woodhollow fire causes attic damage

A house fire in the Woodhollow subdivision just south of Tyler has caused damage to the attic and roof area of the home.

It started in a home on Woodhollow Drive, just off Old Jacksonville Highway.

Flint firefighters were called out around noon this afternoon to the home, after the fire apparently started because the chimney ventilation pipe didn't have enough clearance. When the family that lived there started a fire this morning, the chimney got very hot and the fire started.

After the woman who was in the home heard a popping sound, she got her child out of the home and called firefighters.

No one was injured in the fire, and the damage to the home was minimal, according to Smith County assistant fire marshal Marilynn Wilson.

Cathryn Khalil / ckhalil@kltv.com

Powered by Frankly