I got an email this week with words that were attributed to Abraham Lincoln. Whether he said it, or not really doesn't matter because to me they represent a way of thinking that will make this a better east Texas. So, here they are:
*You cannot help the poor, by destroying the rich.
* You cannot strengthen the weak, by weakening the strong.
* You cannot bring about prosperity, by discouraging thrift.
* You cannot lift the wage earner up, by pulling the wage payer down.
* You cannot further the brotherhood of man, by inciting class hatred.
* You cannot build character and courage, by taking away men's initiative and independence.
* You cannot help men permanently, by doing for them what they could and should, do for themselves .