Two adults, baby homeless after mobile home burns in Lindale - - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


Two adults, baby homeless after mobile home burns in Lindale

Two people and a toddler are homeless tonight after two mobile homes catch fire in Lindale. The fire broke shortly before one on Hannah Lane. That's County Road 4130 off FM 2710. As KLTV 7's LaKecia Shockley shows you, the cause of this fire is a warning to all East Texans.

Suzzanne Weston's family members live in the two mobile homes that Lindale firefighters battled to put out.

"My reaction was to get here as quickly as possible to see that everyone was okay. My nephew and also my daughter and grandbaby," said Suzzanne.

Suzzanne owns both mobile homes. Luckily, her daughter and grandchild weren't at home at the time of the fire, but her nephew was home, and he made it out.

"It's a great blessing from God," said Suzzanne. "Everything can be replaced as long as their with me for the rest of my life."

Lindale firefighters believes the man's burn pile caused the blaze.

"He had had a burn pile that he was burning yesterday and thought that he had wet it down sufficiently," said Captain Jerry Garner of the Lindale Fire Department. "It appears that the fire possibly spread from the burn pile that he was working on yesterday to the mobile home and from there it spread through the grass to the second mobile home."

It's a warring to other burners.

"It's getting dry we've had some cool weather that's killing the grass. We had a good growth season so their going to need to be real careful with the burn piles and the burning because we've got a dry fall," said Cpt. Garner.

Firefighters say they don't if the man will be cited for the burn pile. Mineola, Dixie, and Red Springs fire departments responded to the blaze.

LaKecia Shockley, reporting.

Powered by Frankly