A smoke alarm that was set off by an electrical wire in the kitchen of Dixie Elementary on Patton Lane caused students to evacuate this afternoon.
The Tyler Fire Department was called out to the school around 12:20 pm this afternoon after a hot electrical wire caused some insulation to smoke. Students were evacuated for about ten minutes, but are back in class this afternoon.
Damage was limited to a circuit panel, and that is being replaced.
"Although this is an unfortunate incident, it is good to know all the safety equipment and procedures worked well resulting in minimal damage and no injury," said Tyler ISD Superintendent Randy Reid.
Cathryn Khalil / email@example.com
"A lot of people thought tonight was about peaceful protesters countering something," event speaker DG Montalvo said. "But it wasn't. It was about getting together and encouraging each other without ideology."More >>
East Texans penned notes of thanks on what will become the home of the Andrews family. The notes will be covered with dry wall and sheet rock, but remain beneath as welcome reminders.More >>
Cyclospora, a parasite that can cause severe prolonged symptoms, is making its way around East Texas.More >>