Home Saved After Troup Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

07/10/08 - Troup

Home Saved After Troup Fire

A house fire in Troup today has left a young woman without most of her belongings.

She was in the process of moving into the home when the fire broke out on the corner of Noble and Beulah Streets in Troup. According to the Smith County fire marshall, the fire started when some items that were laid on the stove caught on fire. The burner had been left on by the previous tenet and came on when the electrician turned the electricity on. He saw the smoke and then called the fire department.

No one was in the home at the time of the fire.

Cathryn Khalil, reporting. ckhalil@kltv.com

Powered by Frankly