Barbara Bass, Tyler's new mayor, has launched a webpage called 'Ask The Mayor' where the citizens of Tyler can come to ask her questions and see what types of questions others are asking her.
"Not only will citizens be able to have their own questions answered, but they will also be able to see what other citizens are asking," said City Communications Director Susan Guthrie. "If one person has a question, it is likely that other people have the same question."
"One of my goals is to enhance communication with the community," said Mayor Bass. "Over the next several months, we will be launching projects that will give citizens a chance to learn more about their municipal government."
Other ways you can stay connected to what's going on in the city of Tyler include:
- Go to www.cityoftyler.org
- Watch My Tyler TV on Suddenlink channel 3
- Sign up to receive the My Tyler Newsletter (go to www.cityoftyler.org and choose My Tyler Newsletter from the right hand menu to register)
- Attend a City Council Meeting (held at 9 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday each month at 212 N. Bonner)
- Attend any board or commission meeting (upcoming meetings are posted in City Hall and on the City web page)
- Volunteer for a board or commission (deadline is Aug. 1; go to the cityoftyler.org and select the "government" drop down menu, then "boards and commissions")
- Read the Parks and Recreation Activity Guide for a listing of events and activities (available online on the City web page or at any City building)
- Call them at (903) 533-4444.