Boy Scouts Sickened After Swimming Pool Malfunction - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

07/02/08 - Carthage

Boy Scouts Sickened After Swimming Pool Malfunction

Thirteen boy scouts were taken to the hospital after a swimming pool malfunction on Monday.

It happened at the George W. Pirtle Scout Reservation, south of Carthage.

East Texas Area Council Boy Scout Officials say the boys got sick after the pool's filter system shot a burst of chlorine in the water.

All the boys were taken to the hospital. Twelve were released last night. For now, the pool is closed.

ckhalil@kltv.com / Cathryn Khalil

Powered by Frankly