Early Morning Fire Destroys Home

Electric lines sparked as fire crews cut lines to the structure. (Cody Lillich/KLTV)
Electric lines sparked as fire crews cut lines to the structure. (Cody Lillich/KLTV)
There was little left for firefighters to save after this home caught fire. (Cody Lillich/KLTV)
There was little left for firefighters to save after this home caught fire. (Cody Lillich/KLTV)

There was little firefighters could do to save a home that caught fire early Wednesday morning.

A man driving in the neighborhood called 911 and awakened nearby residents after seeing flames shooting from the Smith County home.

Chapel Hill Volunteer Firefighters responded to the scene around 3:30a.m. this morning in the 8900 block of McCoy Road, just East of Tyler. Bright flames engulfed the home and embers were sent in the air by the time crews arrived.

As of 7a.m. Smith County Fire Marshal Jim Seaton was on the scene investigating the blaze. Seaton told KLTV 7 a man serving in a branch of the military was living there at the time. Seaton said the man was out of town receiving medical treatment in San Antonio.

Cody Lillich, Reporting. clillich@kltv.com