Fireworks Causes Longview Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

07/05/02-Longview

Fireworks Causes Longview Fire

   The celebration of the Fourth of July turned dangerous Thursday night, as errant fireworks burned part of an apartment section in Longview. Investigators say that a large group of people were setting off fireworks in the parking lot of the Jerusalem apartments, when a shot from a roman candle crashed through the window of one unit... setting a bedroom on fire. Fire crews got the blaze under control after it had charred one room of an apartment. A woman and her three children who lived there were not injured. Fire marshals say it is another case of a fire being started by people setting off fireworks illegally inside the city limits. No one has been charged in the incident. Fire marshals say that possession or igniting fireworks inside the city limit is punishable by a large fine.
Powered by Frankly