Two Alarm Fire at Furniture Store Leads To $450,000 In Damage - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

6/05/08 - Tyler

Two Alarm Fire at Furniture Store Leads To $450,000 In Damage

A massive plume of smoke and flames rose in to the sky late Wednesday night after a fire broke out at a Tyler furniture store.

Tyler firefighters said they responded about 9 p.m. Wednesday night to the Wood Shed Furniture store on South Broadway near Amherst.

Eyewitnesses on the scene tell us they saw a transformer and power pole behind the business explode and burst in to flames.

There was extensive fire and smoke damage, estimated to be at around $450,000.

Cathryn Khalil / ckhalil@kltv.com

Powered by Frankly