Gladewater Student Starts Fire In School Restroom - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

03/25/08- Gladewater

Gladewater Student Starts Fire In School Restroom

Students at Gladewater high school were evacuated for nearly two hours today after a student started a fire in the boys restroom. The Gladewater fire department was called to the high school shortly after 12:30 Tuesday afternoon. Fire officials say someone set a toilet paper dispenser on fire in the boys restroom. Students were evacuated to the football stadium while fire crews cleared the scene. In the last couple of weeks Gladewater high school has had multiple bomb threats and officials say they aren't taking it lightly.

"It's just mischief and it's sad. you have these bomb threats and now a fire. I fully intend to see that somebody gets prosecuted if we can figure out whose responsible for all of this. The damage is going to be a criminal offense. This is arson because there's actually been damage done to the building," said Gladewater Fire Chief Wayne Smith.

Gladewater ISD officials tell us students were let back into classrooms around 2:30pm. School is on as scheduled for Wednesday.

LaKecia Shockley, Reporting lshockley@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly