Keep Tyler Beautiful is recognizing businesses in the community for their improvement, upkeep, cleanliness and beautification efforts. The Board will present the "Beauty and the Business" award certificate and yard sign to Karen Horton & Company at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 7 at the store, located at 5613 Donnybrook Ave. One award will be presented to a business each month.
"Awarding those who keep their property beautiful and clean will motivate others in the city to do the same," said Eloise Muxworthy, Keep Tyler Beautiful chair. "We know that community beautification takes the cooperation of all residents of Tyler."
Board members will be combing the city each month, taking pictures and grading businesses both large and small. They will be examining different aspects of the business, such as:
- Store front is inviting with use and upkeep of greenery, such as grass, trees, shrubs and/or flowers along with benches, trash cans and/or chairs.
- Parking area is litter free.
- Store front has attractive signs.
- Dumpster and trash areas are clean and tidy.
- Old, unused bulky items are not stored around or behind the store i.e. equipment, furniture, supplies.
- Building front is in good shape with clean paint or bricks.
If you have a business you would like to nominate, please call Keep Tyler Beautiful at (903) 531-1348. For more information visit www.keeptylerbeautiful.com.