Of all the medical specialties available, Dr. Sharon Evers was drawn to occupational medicine because of its focus on prevention. "I liked the idea that you could take measures to prevent illness or injury and keep people healthy, rather than just treat illness and disease after it had occurred."
That led to Dr. Evers becoming a board certified occupational medicine physician with a Master of Public Health degree. Her additional training as a wellness coordinator and certification in smoking cessation make Dr. Evers a great resource for area businesses. "My goal is to provide a very comprehensive set of services to businesses here in Smith County that will improve the health of their employees and the bottom line of their companies."
Please join us in welcoming occupational medicine physician Dr. Evers to ETMC as a First Physician.
Sharon Evers, MD, MPH
Board certified occupational medicine physician
Experience & Education:
- Assistant professor of occupational & environmental medicine, University of Texas Health Center, Tyler
- Medical director & physician, University of Texas Health Center Occupational Health Clinic, Tyler
- Medical review officer & FAA senior aviation medical examiner
- Flight surgeon, U.S. Air Force Reserve Medical Corps
- Medical director, Occupational Medicine Services, Good Shepherd Medical Center, Longview, Texas
- Medical director, Southeast Alabama Medical Center Industrial Health Network, Dothan, Ala.
- Physician & medical review officer, Industrial Medicine Clinic, Mobile, Ala.
- Physician & medical review officer, Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, Lake Charles, La.
- Chief resident, occupational and environmental medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City
- Internship, family practice, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City
- Master of Public Health in occupational and environmental health, University of Oklahoma College of Public Health, Oklahoma City
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio
- Bachelor of Science, psychology, Texas A&M University, College Station
Awards & Associations
- Fellow, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American Board of Preventive Medicine certification in Occupational Medicine
- Senior Aviation Medical Examiner, Federal Aviation Administration
- Certified Tobacco Cessation Specialist
- Certified Medical Review Officer
- BLS, ACLS, PALS & ATLS certifications
- American College of Preventive Medicine member
- Texas Medical Association member
- Smith County Medical Society member
ETMC First Physicians are specialists in a variety of medical disciplines who share a commitment to putting patients first by giving care that is second to none.