Extension Cord Short Cause of House Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

3/22/02 - Tyler

Extension Cord Short Cause of House Fire

An extension cord is the cause of a house fire in Tyler Thursday night.

It happened in the 3200 block of Palestine Street around 9:15 p.m. The man who lived in the home was inside watching television when the fire started in the living room.

He wasn't injured, but before firefighters could get the flames out, most of the home was destroyed.

Today, fire investigators said there appeared to be an electrical short in that extension cord.

Powered by Frankly