Man Survives Two Days Inside His Upside Down Wrecked Van - - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


Man Survives Two Days Inside His Upside Down Wrecked Van

Trapped inside his van for two whole days, barely surviving on rainwater, an East Texas man lives to tell about it. Last week, Craig Partin of Laneville, near Henderson, was driving along a farm to market road when he lost control of his van and dove headfirst into a ravine. Thursday from his hospital bed, he told KLTV 7 his amazing story of survival.

"I just had the Lord and my family on my mind and I was thinking Lord don't let me go, my wife don't need this."

Thirty-nine year old Craig Partin's prayers were answered. Now, he's alive and well, just a week after hanging on for dear life.

"My foot was trapped between the motor and the firewall and my van was upside down and I was hanging by my right leg, and I couldn't get it out," Craig explains.

Craig says he feel asleep while driving along a blacktop road, lost control of his van and went airborne straight into a ravine. For two whole days he yelled for help, but no one could hear him.

Pinned upside in his van, in a ravine, Craig says physically he survived those two days by drinking rainwater and eating just a few vitamins he had inside his van

But Craig says it was his faith that helped him through it, praying every waking minute, holding onto a small metal cross.

"What was going through my mind was Jesus Christ...and I knew He was the only who could help me," Craig says.

And then Craig got his miracle.

"I was coming up the road and saw a piece of chrome and broke tree and stopped, that's where I found him right there," says Shawn Partin.

It was Craig's own brother, Shawn, who found him, fate bringing him to the exact spot.

"We've always been close, I've always looked up to my brother, and  it wasn't his time, he was meant to be found," Shawn explains.

"God sent him to me, I prayed so much, I'd go to sleep and I'd wake up and I'd pray and pray and pray and then my brother his door shut on his truck and I hollered 'hello, hey help' and he hollered back at me, 'it's your brother' and it was just an overwhelming experience," Craig says while clutching onto his metal cross.

Now, he says the will to survive is greater than you can ever imagine and he's living proof.

Craig Partin is recovering from surgery on his forehead at Trinity Mother Frances hospital in Tyler.  He also injured his foot and suffered chemical burns on his thigh and back from lying in gasoline those two days.

Tracy Watler, Reporting

Powered by Frankly