Longview Boy Injured In Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

7/2/07-Longview

Longview Boy Injured In Fire

         A small fire over the weekend in Longview has horrible consequences, sending a 2 year old boy to a Dallas burn hospital. Fire crews were called to a home in the 300 block of Blake drive in the Spring Hill area mid-afternoon Sunday. Investigators say the 2 year old came in contact with a gas can in a utility room, spilling it out , then a nearby water heater ignited the fumes, burning the child.

"Any type of flammable ignitable liquids should not be stored in your household or placed in an area where they can either come in contact with children or in a room where they can come in contact with some type of open flame," said Longview Fire Marshal Mark Moore.

     The fire was quickly put out, but the boy was burned over 50-percent of his body. The child is in Parkland burn center in Dallas, in critical condition.

Bob Hallmark bhallmark@kltv.com

Powered by Frankly