Longview Man Dies In Fatal Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


Longview Man Dies In Fatal Fire

A fire in Longview claims the life of an East Texas man.  Fire crews were called to the blaze at a home in the 1,600 block of Harris St. around 11:30 last night.  The fire did minimal damage to the home.  But officials believe Lonell Dixson, 51, was trapped inside by burglar bars and suffered from smoke inhalation.

"We've determined that there was burglar bars on all the windows and doors which made a means of escape impossible and also we didn't find a working smoke detector in the structure. This is our 3rd fatality fire," said Longview Fire Marshall Mark Moore.

Authorities believe the fire may have been started by a cigarette.

Bob Hallmark, Reporting.  bhallmark@kltv.com


Powered by Frankly