Fireplace Causes Longview Blaze - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

4/8/07-Longview

Fireplace Causes Longview Blaze

A fireplace is being blamed for a fire last night that destroyed a Longview home.  Investigators say sparks from a fireplace crossing into an attic started the blaze.  Several fire crews were called out to the home, in the 2,300 block of Fleetwood Dr.

It happened just before 8:00 p.m. last night. Crews arrived to find flames shooting out of the roof.  The homeowner says the light began to flicker earlier in the day, then later noticed smoke from the roof. The residents were able to get out unharmed. The homeowners were insured.

 Bob Hallmark, Reporting.  bhallmark@kltv.com

 

 

Powered by Frankly