Tyler Man Dies From Smoke Inhalation - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

2/23/07-Tyler

Tyler Man Dies From Smoke Inhalation

One person escapes from a house fire and the other is rescued unconscious but did not make it.   The fire was in the 1400 block of North Grand in Tyler, it began around 1:30 AM on Friday.  The victim was 63 year old Ozell Maddox, he was found unconscious just inside the back door of the home. Authorities say he had limited mobility and died from smoke inhalation. Tyler Fire Department say the fire began from leak in the gas space heater.   The damage on the home is estimated at $60,000. Officials say the home did not have smoke detectors.

Karolyn Davis, reporting.  kdavis@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly