East Texas Man Suffers 3rd Degree Burns - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

1/16/07-Smith County

East Texas Man Suffers 3rd Degree Burns

An East Texas man is sent to the hospital this afternoon after suffering 3rd degree burns.   The Smith County Fire Marshal's office says C.B. Robert's, 80 was inside his shed on FM 16 East, when he accidentally started it on fire.   The fire marshal says Robert's spilled kerosene on the floor while trying to refill a heater. Robert's then lit the heater and the kerosene ignited. Friends heard Robert's cry for help and were able to get him out of the shed, but not before Robert's suffered severe burns on his left leg.  

"He's going to be ok," said Oren Hale, Smith County Fire Marshal. "He's going to have some painful healing with third degree burns like that. Today he's sort of numb and in shock, he didn't feel anything, but the feeling will start coming back and he will be hurting."  The fire marshal says the shed is a complete loss, but no nearby homes were damaged.

Molly Reuter, reporting. mreuter@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly