East Texas Family Loses Everything In House Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


East Texas Family Loses Everything In House Fire

An East Texas family of five is without a home Wednesday night.   Around 2:45 p.m. their house on Garland Street in Tyler started on fire.   The homeowner says she had her oven on in the kitchen. When she walked away and came back her kitchen was on fire. A neighbor heard her screaming, so he grabbed a hose and tried to help.

"When we come out I seen it was pretty bad, so I got the water hose and tried to keep the water on top of the house," said John Ivers, neighbor.      

"I grabbed my kids and took of running, and I ran across the street and used the phone and said there's a fire at our house and then my whole house I just seen flames coming out of it," said Jennifer Richardson, homeowner. Richardson lived in the home with her three children and fiance. She says they do have family to stay with.

Molly Reuter, reporting. mreuter@kltv.com


Powered by Frankly